This southwestern-style casserole features layers of flour tortillas,ground beef, black beans, corn, salsa and Cheddar cheese. It’s hearty, zesty and sure to become a family favorite!
Cheesy Enchilada Torte
This southwestern-style casserole features layers of flour tortillas,ground beef, black beans, corn, salsa and Cheddar cheese. It's hearty, zesty and sure to become a family favorite!
Presented By: Direct Appliance
Recipe type: Main
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8.75 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the beans and corn in a medium bowl.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Stir in the picante sauce and chili powder.
- Arrange 2 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole. Top with half the beef mixture, bean mixture, soup and cheese. Repeat the layers. Cover the casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with the sour cream, if desired.