The pasta cooks in the same skillet along with the chicken, veggies and a simmering tomato sauce…what could be better? It’s tasty and clean up’s a breeze!
Presented by: Direct Appliance
Chicken Cacciatore & Pasta Skillet Recipe
The pasta cooks in the same skillet along with the chicken, veggies and a simmering tomato sauce...what could be better? It's tasty and clean up's a breeze!
Presented By: Direct Appliance
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1¾ cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ of a 1-pound package uncooked medium shell-shaped pasta (about 2½ cups)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
- Stir the broth, oregano, garlic powder, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.