Gingersnap Cookies are a highly addictive, sugar coated cookie that gets its chewy texture and spicy flavor from adding brown sugar, molasses, and spices to the batter.
Molasses Ginger Snaps
The longer you bake Gingersnaps, the more crispy they become.
Presented By: Direct Appliance
Serves: 3 doz
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Crisco solid shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional granulated, demerara or sparkling sugar for decorating.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until the dough forms.
- Roll pieces of dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls of dough in sugar, if desired.
- Place 12 balls of dough on an ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the underside begins to color.
- Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Store by themselves, in an airtight container.