Roasted veggies are combined with rotisserie chicken for these amazing enchiladas topped with a creamy chile verde sauce and melted Pepper Jack cheese.
Roasted Vegetable & Chicken Enchiladas
Presented By: Direct Appliance
Recipe type: Main
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ of a medium red onion
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded chicken (from a rotisserie chicken)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Chile Verde Sauce:
- ½ cup half & half
- 2 cans diced green chilies
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop bell pepper, zucchini, and red onion into 1-inch pieces. Toss the veggies with 3 tablespoons olive oil and spread on a large, rimmed baking pan.
- Roast in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- While the veggies are roasting, prepare the sauce by combining half & half, diced green chiles, cumin, salt, and garlic cloves.
- For the enchilada filling, combine the roasted vegetables, black beans and chicken.
- Heat corn tortillas slightly to soften. Wrap the tortillas in a clean kitchen towel and microwave for 30 seconds. Keep them in the towel as you fill the tortillas to keep them soft and pliable.
- Fill each tortilla with approximately ⅓ cup of the filling. Roll tightly and place seam-side down in 9x13 inch pan. Repeat until all the tortillas are filled. Pour sauce evenly over enchiladas. Top with shredded cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro.